Friday, January 18, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!

It is c-c-c-cold out! At this moment it is 36 degrees & very damp. I know that my family in MN & ND must be giggling at my drama, but it really is cold outside!! Especially for this thin-skinned warm-weather girl. Morgan said this morning, as she was putting lip balm on her very dry, cracked lips, "I hate winter! Unless it's snowing!" The funny thing is, she's only been in snow one time (when we lived in NC) and her only experience was going sledding (so I can see how she'd say that). I don't know how people in really cold parts of the country function with small children (Lanae!!). With all of the bundling up - coats, hats, gloves, etc. etc. etc. - which really isn't so bad until you have to put the chickens in carseats!! You're going to have to fill me in on proper procedure. Do you leave their coats on & drive without the heater on? Or do you turn on the heater & then take off their coats in the vehicle? But then! How do you get their coats back on before exposing them to the cold again?! Am I just being blonde or is it really as dramatic as all that? :) I'd appreciate some feedback from you experienced cold-weather moms. In fact, post it on the blog because I'm positive there are a lot of women that could use the advice! And if there aren't a lot of women that could use the advice, don't tell me. I'd rather not know if I'm alone in this...

2 comments:

Lorinda said...

from the latest weather report for SanAntonio... the cold weather was short lived... but once you have them in the coats and accessories~leave them on them and keep the heat low in the car!

Edi said...

I lived in northern Canada for most of my 26 yrs...I didn't have kids back then but part of the time I was a kid! As far as I recollect - you bundle yourself up for the weather outside. If it is a long car ride (say more than 1/2 hr) you might want to unzip your jacket or take off your gloves (ditto for the kids)...and just adjust the inside temp for what is comfortable.

Too much of a hassle - especially with kids to bundle and unbundle.