Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Problem Solver

As I've mentioned before, Allie whines & cries a bit too often - apparently my singing "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina!" didn't work as well as I had hoped. However, big sister Morgan may have just cured the problem (okay, not entirely - but any improvement is better than none at all, right?!)! One day, Morgan informs Allie that she has made a behavior chart with 7 flowers on it (one for each day of the week). If Allie cries during the day, Morgan will "X" out the flower. And if Allie doesn't cry, Morgan will circle the flower. Talk about instant success!! Allie was VERY concerned about whether her flower would get an "X" or a circle! If she started crying during the day, I'd mention Morgan's behavior chart & she'd stop crying immediately. Unfortunately, the chart went missing so I'll have to see if Morgan can make another one for me. Obviously, the chart only works when Allie can see it! :)

Is my Morgan a smarty pants or what?!

2 comments:

Lorinda said...

maybe Allie is smarter than you give her credit... the chart DID GO MISSING! ha ha ha..

Lanae Brown said...

Miss Morgan will be a teacher someday I think!