Wednesday, October 3, 2007

My little reader...

I just have to take a minute to brag on my wonderful, little student - Morgan!! I'm so proud of how she's doing in school and she just loves to read! Every day, as part of her homework, she brings home a book filled with stories. Technically, she only has to read one each night, but she ends up reading 4 or 5! Her teacher told her that she only needs to read one, but Morgan says, "but I want to read more!" She reads to me, Terry, Allie, Alexis - anyone who will listen. And if there's noone to listen, she reads out loud to herself.

I love to read! So much, in fact, that I often have to avoid reading because I can get so into a book that I can't put it down (& then get nothing else done...) - and have always felt bad for people who don't like to read - like there is an entire piece of life they're missing out on. I guess that's what makes me so happy about Morgan's early love of reading - I know the fun & wonder she's going to discover through books and I'm excited for her.

No comments: