Saturday, August 25, 2007

Lost brain cells & Diaper rashes...

Okay, here's a question to put "out there"... Is it age, pregnancy, or motherhood that causes us women to slowly lose our minds? Or maybe it's something else? Or, worse, maybe it's just me... Here's an example: My sweet Alexis has a diaper rash and I've been trying different creams, hoping to find one that actually works. So, Sabrina (awesome mother of 2 boys and twin girls!) gives me advice and said that she uses Desitin Overnight - it has 40% Zinc Oxide. So, I tell her that I've never used that kind before and try it while we're at her house. Then, I get home and discover a tube - a HALF-EMPTY tube, no less - of, yep, you guessed it, Desitin Overnight!! Of course, I hadn't actually used it on this round of diaper rash - I have many ointments & creams to choose from - so now Alexis' heiny is fully creamed up with the stuff. I'll keep you posted.

I find it so interesting how young children are mesmerized by poopy diapers! I was changing Alexis' diaper today and Allie walks in, holding her nose, asking to see the poops. So after she was done looking, I said, "Well, what do you think?" She (still holding her nose) wanted to see it again. And again. This is my same daughter (Allie) who insists on taking off her dress (she wears a dress nearly every day) while she sits on the potty - ensuring it stays clean and dry.

1 comment:

Momma Oak said...

I just always thought my brain went out with the placenta!