Sunday, November 4, 2007

I need your opinion...

As many of you know, I have been a beauty consultant with Mary Kay for about 10 years now. I love being a stay-at-home mom & I have an increasing desire to build my Mary Kay business. I don't care for recruiting, I'd just like to have a strong customer base of people that I can take excellent care of. But because I dislike asking people to have facials and hostess skin care classes, I have come up with a different idea - The Loaded Look Book - a Mary Kay catalog that I've filled with samples so that women can have a facial at home at their leisure. Mary Kay has excellent products and these books give women the opportunity to try the product in an unpressured way - then they can contact me if they like what they use. My hope is that if people are impressed, they will be willing to give The Loaded Look Book to their friends more willingly than if I asked them to hostess a skin care class.

A couple more "perks" I offer are free shipping for clients I can't deliver to, free gifts with purchase, discounts for clients who bring me new sales, & quarterly mailings of The Look (at which time I contact my clients for orders). I also now have a website - www.marykay.com/jenniferblom - where you can have a free virtual makeover, learn beauty tips, shop, & so much more.

So, tell me, what do you think of my marketing idea? I'd greatly appreciate any feedback. I'd also be happy to send you The Loaded Look Book if you'd like to check it out.

2 comments:

Sab Mad said...

I love the idea!

Anonymous said...

Your idea sounds great! Go for it!